On May 18 and May 26, Governor Greg Abbott issued Executive Orders to announce the second phase of the ongoing plan to open additional businesses and activities in Texas. Review all DSHS guidance for Opening the State of Texas.Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start writing!
DSHS recommends these everyday actions to help prevent the spread of any respiratory virus, including COVID‑19:
- Wash hands often for 20 seconds and encourage others to do the same.
- If no soap and water are available, use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue, then throw the tissue away.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Disinfect surfaces, buttons, handles, knobs, and other places touched often.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
DSHS also recommends that you start practicing social distancing. Social distancing involves staying away from other people to avoid catching or spreading illness. It’s a fancy term for avoiding crowds and minimizing physical contact. This could mean avoiding concerts or weddings, skipping the handshake, and/or staying at least six feet away from others.
Additionally, the CDC recommends using simple cloth face coverings in public to help slow the spread of the virus.
To learn key facts and help stop the spread of rumors, see the Share Facts, Not Fear page on the CDC’s COVID‑19 website.
For more in-depth information on COVID‑19, see the CDC’s Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
Hi, this is a comment.
To get started with moderating, editing, and deleting comments, please visit the Comments screen in the dashboard.
Commenter avatars come from Gravatar.